Wednesday, October 23, 2019

muscle difficulties

I accidentally overdid my upper body physical therapy last week.  My left arm is currently a cooked noodle; I can't raise it up.  I have DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), in my left rotator cuff apparently.  Fortunately I use my cane with my right hand, so it's only been a minor inconvenience.  And just a bit painful.  Sister Holly massaged it for me, and that helped a lot. 

In the house now I primarily use a cane rather than a walker.  For walks around the neighborhood I still prefer to use the walker for now because there are lots of sticks and other tripping hazards.

I'm down to 1 mg of dexamethasone per day.  Feeling fine, eating fine.  On Sunday I will start zero mgs of dex.

What other story lines do I have for updates?  I turn 39 years old tomorrow!  I feel so lucky to have made it to 39.  When I was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer in October 2010, the 5- year survival rate was only 50%.  I'm old!  My goal has always been to make it at least to 40; I'm close! Lloyd is trying to keep me from 40, but just maybe I'll make it after all.     

8 comments:

  1. Noooooo! not the Dex! We will have to get you some Nitro!

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190865/

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to celebrating wonderful you tomorrow 🎉🎂 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you recalled the "S" is for soreness!!!! We will get you back in mint condition. You're cruising right along. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choo choooooo!! Ain’t no stoppin’ this recovery train. Love you bunches, big sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 18th anniversary of your 21st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 40th party is going to be HUGE!! Feel the Bern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because lifebecame meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, thesymptoms became very severe and bold and made my familyrun from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gaveup everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because thedoctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs butthey never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me makingit worse. I was doing some research online someday when Icame across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhotacured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thoughtit was a joke but later decided to contact him on the detailsprovided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent mehis herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after twoweeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptomsdisappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I wasNEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DREbhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep ontelling the world about you. If you are going through samesituation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota viadrebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus 

    ReplyDelete