Thursday, April 12, 2012

The next level of post-mastectomy beauty

Several people have now sent this picture to me, and I would be remiss not to include it on the blog.  I was slow to post it because I wanted to find the original source, to properly give credit where credit is due, but apparently the photo has gone "viral" and I have been unable to find much information about it.   But the message is clear, even in the absence of the facts.




The words are in Portuguese and mean, "I had breast cancer and now I have Theo".  Isn't it breathtaking?  Her smile is so radiant, her pose so strong and confident.  

I hope this woman is still every bit as happy as she was in this moment.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful.

    xo Bec

    PS - I love that you updated your book list. Such a great selection. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to stop READING books so that I have time to WRITE a book. :)

      Delete