Sunday, May 6, 2018

PET scan all clear!

Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long!  I haven't felt like sitting in front of a screen, what with this glorious springtime weather going on.  

The PET scan was all clear!  "No evidence of suspicious regions of increased metabolic activity to suggest malignancy or metastasis."  Yay!  Also noted is that they can't resolve the brain at all because it lights up too brightly, so we await the brain MRI on May 29th for further updates on the Lloyd to Pearl conversion.  

At my appointment on Friday I told Dr. Oncologist about the persistent headaches (pain level 2-3 on the 10-point scale, so not terrible but annoying). I asked if they meant I should increase my steroid dose, or if I could take Tylenol for them or something?  She didn't want me increasing the steroids, she did say I could try Tylenol, and she also suggested massage.  Oooo la la!  Guess I need to be making a massage appointment.  I won't argue with that suggestion!  

SO, my dad went to the store and picked up some extra-strength Tylenol, and I've been taking it all weekend.  I'm happy to report that I am indeed feeling much better!  Takes the pain down to a 1, which is merely a sensation.  I still have the feeling of pressure, but that's not surprising.  The best thing about the Tylenol is that it improves the quality of my resting and sleeping.  By reducing the pain I'm finding that I'm less preoccupied with or worried about Lloyd, so I can fall asleep more readily.  Very nice indeed! 

Despite the headaches being largely under control this weekend, my brain still strongly urged for naps.  But I was able to balance the rest time (including a nap in the hammock, for the win!) with all sorts of fun things--farmer's market with the family, bike shopping for an appropriately sized bike for my oldest (didn't find one yet, but one bike shop is expecting a shipment of 24" bikes on Tuesday so we're going back there later in the week), summer clothes shopping for everyone, grilling, backyard fire-pit fire and s'mores, badminton (of course), bike ride practice with my youngest, board games with ourselves and with friends, laundry, yoga, and I watched a movie.  I rented "I, Tonya" on Amazon.  It was a really well-done movie, but such a sad story!  Poor Tonya Harding.     

I hope that you enjoyed life this weekend as much as I did, if not more!           

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic blog post. Hooray and huzzah to all and everything! Love big sis — call me if you need any advice on the bicicleta procurement.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will spend this week with my younger siblings, looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excerpt from Heather's Log of the Family Vacation to Yellowstone - 1994.

    Wed Aug 3rd - Day 1.
    12:32pm - Dad spilled coffee on his shorts. It looks like he wet his pants. Mom says it will probably stain. Oooooooooppppppppppppsssssssss! We are getting gas at Kwik Phil. Then we will get some bread for lunch.

    1:14pm - We just got out of the grocery store. We got Pringles! Now we're driving again. Those people from Ohio were there! We've been leapfrogging them since we left home. They were at the rest area, too. Also we got shorts from Goodwill for 75 cents each. Cool! Eat time.

    ReplyDelete