Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Joyful \(*>*)/

Overall, government shutdown notwithstanding, January was an excellent month.  I felt better than I'd felt since May!  You hear that mom, I used the word BETTER!  It was exhilarating to think about others and spend a bit of energy making others happy rather than being so darn self-focused.  My neighbor and friend had a baby (Congratulations, K family!) so I made them some treats and held the baby for an entire afternoon.  Also, the girls and I hosted my friend M, her two daughters, Aunt J, and my MIL for a spa and spaghetti night.  AND I made an escape room activity for my kids and two of their friends.  My friend, A, helped me with it and it was awesome.  The theme was a trip to Paris, and their plane crashed just off the Canary Islands.  While they were stranded on the Canaries, Mt Teide erupted (baking soda and vinegar experiment).  When they finally made it to Paris they visited the Louvre and Champs de Elysees.  They had numerous puzzles to solve along the way.  It took them an hour to complete the "escape room". 

And then...a minor setback!  Last week I either ate something bad or picked up a stomach bug.  Regardless of the cause, the result was mild dehydration, which of course led to dizzy spells.  I've been rocking the BRAT diet to try and get things back in order.  It has been harder than it sounds, likely because of all of the fancy pills I take every day (neratinib, roids, antibiotics, etc.).  And now today I have a sore throat and a cough!  Bummer.  These ordinary ailments have me zapped.  But I'm getting plenty of fluids and rest, so hopefully I'll kick em soon. 

I saw Dr. Radiation Oncologist last week.  He too was delighted with the January MRI of my brain.  Oh, and when I saw Dr. Oncologist earlier this month, she skipped into the exam room and invented a word.  She said that this was the "bestest" news she's had for me all year.  So guys, whole brain radiation worked for me!!  I asked Dr. Radiation Oncologist to explain what is so great about this result.  He said the perfusion (blood flow) to the tumor is significantly decreased, and the diffusion (area of the tumor) is not increased.  Hopefully it stays that way for awhile! 

Today is a polar vortex day!  Feels like -37F outside with the windchill.  Schools are closed and folks are advised to stay indoors.  Ok!   

1 comment:

  1. Darn can't fix my typo. I'll fix it later ;) lol! Best post***!!!!

    ReplyDelete