Friday, April 12, 2019

Swell

Well, in the car I was telling dad how I'm trying to get out of the habit of ascribing either a positive or negative value to these darn scans.  It's just data, and in this case it truly is neither good nor bad.  It's just more of the same, and I'm fine with that.  1) no new tumors!, 2) I'm comfortable and I'm not having debilitating side effects!, 3) my brain swelling is increased (in other words, worse, but I said I wasn't going to use a word like that), 4) Lloyd is still there, obviously.

So what do we do about the dang swelling?  Same as always...increase the dang steroid dose again.  Dr. SRS Expert suggested 2 mgs in the morning and 2 mgs in the evening.  I countered, could we just try 2 mgs in the morning, since I'm not having seizures, etc., and this is just a preventative thing...?  He said that that's fine.  SO, hbomb continues to over-achieve at swelling and under-achieve at getting off the steroids.

Although I'm not having terrible side effects, in hindsight I think I can tell that I have brain swelling.  When I stand up too quickly, my head starts to throb.  And my ear still feels pressure-y, it's never gotten better.  And I don't know if or how this relates, but my jaw has been sore lately.  A short list of things that are hardly worth complaining about, but perhaps are indicative of that which I cannot see. Otherwise and thankfully, my body isn't giving me much information about how much swelling is going on in there.  Quality of life = high.

Well, I was going to delight you with more spring break photos, but technology is failing.  So...next time!  Thank you for your support, dear ones!  Have a swell weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'll Take it! It's about how you feel data be hanged! We did have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally getting all caught up on the blog, but it looks like I didn't miss too many! I think you are rockin' the whole mom, scientist, wife thing... I am so happy to see the good reports keep coming. By summer you will want to be napping but just because of the glorious sunshine!

    ReplyDelete