Sunday, August 4, 2019

Bye Neil, and take Lloyd with you!!!

I have been a busy patient this past week! I saw Dr. Deep-Seated Tumor Neurosurgeon's residents.  I wanted someone to see my goose egg and determine if it was normal.  The resident said to keep wrapping my head in Coban until it stops popping out, and that he expects it to heal within another two weeks.  Sure enough, I seem to have made good healing progress this week and my bone hole goose egg hasn't popped out in about three days.

On that same day I saw Dr. SRS Expert to make a plan for radiation. The simple part:  Neil could be treated with a single dose of CyberKnife SRS radiation.  That was done on Wednesday.  The rather sad part:  Remember that Dr. DSTNeurosurgeon removed 95% of Lloyd?  Well, the remaining 5% is not just a tumor tidbit at the back corner.  The remaining tumor includes the tidbit as well as what looks to me like a shoreline of cancer around the blackness that is the Void left by Lloyd.  Dr. SRS Expert said that the best way to treat this shoreline would be 5 consecutive days of radiation.  I have now completed 3/5 days of this treatment, and won't know for a few months how well it worked.  Just like all of my previous radiation treatments, we'll rely on CT or MRI scans 3 months from now to see how controlled the disease is.  All I can do is remain hopeful.  This is the end of the treatment line.  Always knew there's no cure, just wanting more time.  Even if three months from now the scan shows that the tidbit or shoreline remnants of Lloyd are growing, Dr. SRS Expert said that he doesn't want to irradiate that area any further.   

Needless to say, my bone hole goose egg had popped out by the time this day of appointments was over.  Stressful! 

I've had a song stuck in my head for weeks.  The Void left by Lloyd has been filled with the beat of the Channel One Suite.


11 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you and praying for you. Thank you sweet Heather for the update. I pray for your healing honey. One this is for sure, Uncle Rod will keep you entertained! Hang in there...and give yourself as much grace as you need to think about the next moment. Sometimes not thinking is good too. Much love......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heather.... Sending you so much love and courage. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite a lot of song to have rambling around your mind .... my ear wigs are usually one annoying catchy phrase from a simple song. Love you Heather... white, healing thoughts, and loving energy always going out to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent a weekend with your cousin, Becky, in June. She hosted me and another writer friend for 3 days. I think of her like a sister. When she told us about you, she lit up. She talked about your brilliance, sense of humor, and total radness! I’m in California praying for my friend’s cousin! Praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The love surrounding you is boundless, even from Cali❤️. Today is a day I will never forget. No matter where the road takes us, the journey lies ahead. I love you and your Indian restaurant prowess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you a lot lately... Maybe now you are in my dreams too! I will text you this week about a visit, even if I don't get to do the lunch run this week. Can also do any road trips now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mx goose egg needs to go home. I am channeling my Happy Gilmore, "don't you want to go to your home!!!" energy along with my yellow paintbrush on that eggs ass!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could think of worse songs to get stuck in a void in your head. That baby’s a classic. Music to this novice drummer’s ears. ☺️ Nothing but love, HK!

    ReplyDelete