Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cancer, details unknown

New hardest thing I've ever had to do:  have a normal evening with my darling daughters after Dr. Surgical Oncologist calls with a preliminary diagnosis.

6:04 pm  Normal life
6:05 pm  Cancer life
6:10 pm  Pretend it's still 6:04

The only result she has so far is of the lymph node aspiration, and that was indicative of cancer.  It strongly suggests that the lump they biopsied will be cancer.  The lump biopsy results will likely be delayed until next week now that we know it is cancer, because they will run extra tests (is it estrogen-receptor positive, for example) to determine all of the markers.

Dr. Surgical Oncologist said the first thing I will have to do is meet with one of her colleagues, a medical oncologist, to discuss the risks of repeated chemotherapy treatments.

Because we will once again start with chemotherapy.

Dr. Surgical Oncologist offered to call Dr. Oncologist tomorrow and discuss my case.  I said please and thank you.

I apologize that you are reading this here, because you deserve a phone call, but I lacked the strength.  I broke the news to my daddy, then my mommy, and tried to call my other mommy (in law), and then took the easy way out on this here blog.  It's too hard.

14 comments:

  1. I am in tears and heartbroken.
    We love you and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. F&*%!!!!!! I'm sorry. I love you!! F%^&!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok Heather. Do whatever you have to do. We all understand. Call when you need to and are ready, any time. Love you so much. We will get through this again. (Holly)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you! We love you and are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey we'll be fighting those damn cells right beside you. Couldn't love you more. (Aunt Jacque)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well fuc*
    We will just take you back to 6:04 like last time. Cancer can kiss my ass and we will kick it out of yours sweet Heather Kae. (Uncle Rod)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry Heather. You already have a parcel on the way from us, but please let us know how we can help. We can come to IA and show the girls a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damnit. You WILL kick this monster's ass AGAIN! They haven't made another Rocky movie in awhile. Get pissed and let it be known who's the BOSS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ANYTHING you need, call
    DeeAnn and I are here for you.Shove that cancer down it's own ass and make it choke. It's another round, but YOU, of all people, can go the distance!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry Heather. Your friends and family love you so much. We will help any way we can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry sorry sorry... LOVE LOVE LOVE to you

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're all in, all positive vibrations channeling to you. Love you cuz.

    ReplyDelete