Thursday, January 11, 2018

Patience

M & M:  Thank you so much for the treats from La Mie bakery!!  Oh my goodness they were divine!  You spoil us rotten!

So far, I think that yesterday was the worst of it.  The pressure in my head was greatest yesterday, and relief was hard to come by.  It's not the same as pain, it's just--pressure.  And it causes a touch of anxiety, because one knows that one is not supposed to feel great pressure inside one's head.  It's behind my eyes, on my left inner ear, and even in my jaw.  I did gentle yoga for nearly an hour (but not too many upside down poses, because I didn't want to increase the pressure in my head), and my mom rubbed my neck, and those two things gave a little relief.  We also tried an ice pack on my head for awhile, which was surprisingly nice.  

Besides the head pressure, the other big phenotype is exhaustion.  It's not quite the same as chemo fatigue, because with chemo fatigue I felt so incredibly terrible in dozens of other ways in addition to the fatigue, whereas this is pretty much just fatigue in my bones.  I can still move, I just don't want to.  If I move too much, I get a tiny bit nauseous, so I sit or lay back down.  Solution: sleep, and lots of it.  I'm sleeping through the steroids no problem, so that tells you how tired the SRS treatment has made me.  My cancer scan buddy, J, said that his doctor once told him that he could irradiate his foot and it would make his whole body tired for a week or more.  So, I guess that what I'm going through is normal!  

I had thought that I was going to get to binge-watch Netflix this week while I rested and recovered, but I'm not enjoying television very much.  So I mostly just crochet or read when I'm wakeful, then go back to sleep.  The kids have a snow day today, so I'm trying to get the kids to play the board game Ticket to Ride with me, but that hasn't worked so far.  :)

The last update is a little bit of a bummer:  I have to ask you for no more sweets at this time, please.  The steroids are making me temporarily diabetic, so I'm to cut back on the simple sugars and desserts.  This it easy for me with my usual diet, but less easy due to the steroids and the generous offerings of Carnation Nation.  Self control is not strong when you feel crummy and just want a piece of homemade pie!  :)  Thanks very much for helping me to cut back on the sweets.    

As always, I appreciate your support!  Hugs!    

5 comments:

  1. Well no more La Mie then, boo. Hope you are feeling well enough for netflix soon! What are you watching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are stronger than wonder Woman and tougher than shark skin. You got this! The weakness will subside and HBOMB will prevail!!!!!!!!! Lloyd is fried and you are on the mend. Carnation nation is the best. We all love you and know this is just another pause in the wonderful life of Heather Kae Jetson. I guess the space age name was for a reason. Because wonder full space age tech took out Lloyd! huzzah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will play Ticket To Ride with you anytime Heather; I certainly hope you are feeling ever so much more like yourself soon...that the nagging headaches, the bits of nauseousness, and the exhaustion can all slip away and surprise you one day soon with how good you feel. Sending you love, lots of it!

    ReplyDelete