Saturday, December 18, 2010

Feeling positively decent

This chemotherapy thing is always interesting, at the very least.  I have a few ordinary things still going on:  I'm easily fatigued, a bit of diarrhea, a bit of dizziness.  But check out these new issues:  eye twitching and sore fingertips.  Weird, huh?  The eye twitching has been going on for almost a week now.  It's usually one muscle at a time around one of my eyes, for example my right eyelid, then my left under-eye, then my left eyebrow, then my right eye muscle that I never knew existed.  All day long.  It's actually not that noticeable most of the time, but it is mildly annoying when I'm trying to fall asleep.  I told Dr. Oncologist about it, and I got that familiar knowing nod, and she said to let her know if it picks up.

The fingertip thing is way more frustrating because it's painful.  I think the pain is actually related to the nails somehow, because they are sore to the touch.  The pain translates to the fingertips when I try to pop the lid off my tylenol bottle, for example.  I can't hardly perform the task.  I think that the skin on my hands is somehow also sore, but that's much harder to define.  Yes, I am experiencing some discomfort as I type this right now, but on a scale of zero to ten, zero being no pain at all, this pain is merely a one.  Nothing worth complaining about, and yet here I am.

Today I'm going to attempt what little bit of holiday shopping I have to do.  Shopping in this town is so easy, and I know exactly what I'm getting, so it should be conquerable before I get too worn out.  Although I hate shopping as a rule, the qualifier is that I mostly hate shopping for myself.  I enjoy a bit of in-the-spirit-of-giving shopping, especially this time of year with the evergreens, lights, and bells.  It'll be GREAT to get out of here for a few hours, and to get a break from the princesses.                

1 comment:

  1. princesses? ...or goddesses?? which ever ranks higher on the royalty totem pole - that's what they are.

    Have FUN shopping! Glad you feel good enough to go.

    ReplyDelete